Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rebirth + Robots

Well, geakStudios has finally flat-lined (heh) and its members unceremoniously disbanded. We had a promising group there, and it's sad to think of what we could have accomplished with more time and better communication. But there's no time for eulogizing: let's start picking that corpse! In accordance with Native American tradition, I like to use every part of my kill.




"...What is that?" you might ask me, with good reason. What you're looking at now is a peek into the geakStudios creative process. When I first started this blog, I promised that it would be showing all my projects from an inside perspective, that you would get to see the game built from the ground up. I wasn't able to stick to my word for last few months because geakStudios required some degree of secrecy, but now anything is fair game. This arcane collection of symbols and geometry is a level editor I built to ease the level creation process of our new game, both for me and for the non-programmers. As you can probably see, this was never intended to be released publicly. It doesn't make any sense and it looks awful (I can't draw things in top-down perspective even in a "charmingly primitive" sort of way. Any graphic designers out there wanna do some charity work? eh?). Can you unravel the mystery? Can you decipher the plot and objective of the game?? Can you make THE GREATEST LEVEL OF ALL TIME??? Now is your chance to find out! Or you can just wait until I post the beta version of the game and explain it all later this week, but come on, just humor me.

p.s. The hint is that the game involves lots and lots of robots.

No comments:

Post a Comment