Wednesday, August 11, 2010

This will be the next "Robot Unicorn Attack," I guarantee it.

[SORRY! The game has been moved here: Ahab's Revenge]

In case the start-screen instructions aren't explicit enough, A is left, D is right, W is jump (hold it longer to jump higher), and S makes you drop a level if possible. Oh, also ENTER pauses the game. I accidentally left that out.

It's finally here! My first game coded from scratch, Ahab's Revenge. There are definitely some things I can change up in the future -- I want to improve the scoring system, add some cool scenery underneath the coral, and make the boss a bit more interesting -- but it's finally reached a point where I feel like I can call it a "complete" game. Of course, feel free to leave me feedback. Particularly if it has to do with the speeds of all the game elements or their hit-boxes, since those are things I'm still experimenting with in order to tweak the difficulty.

In case anybody is curious, the background music is "Heiße Lippen" by Cluster. The rest of the audio I made with a combination of my mouth and Audacity.

You may have noticed that the name of the blog changed once again. Aside from choosing to make the title more gaming-related, I also had to decide whether to make it a Bowie or an ABBA reference. Yes, it was stressful. Next order of business: make the blog not look awful.

EDIT: Do you like game prototypes, but hate my taste in music? Then go play Ahab's Revenge at the geakStudios site, where they've been kind enough to publish the game minus the copyright infringement-tastic soundtrack.

nathan

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I actually wanted to have the music there and was about to email you and ask you for a version with it embedded. But your copyright argument is compelling....guess we'll need another OST made for us! - kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I heard you guys had some sort of free music resource?

    ReplyDelete